The Taobao Registration Form – A Closer Look
Need another hint about sign-up? Here is a brief overview.
1. Username: in English or Chinese – either is okay. You can enter from 5-20 characters. Click the button underneath to see if the name is available.
2. Password: 6-16 characters Make it a good one (with a number and a symbol) Otherwise Taobao will bother you to change it all the time.
3. Enter your password again: the tiny blue triangle in the text box will turn green if the passwords match, and red if they don’t match
4. E-mail address: Expect to get some e-mail at this address. Taobao sends transaction updates and sometimes ads, all in Chinese. It is not a high volume. But if you have several e-mail accounts and prefer to keep one “clean”, then you may want to give them your “dirty” e-mail address.
5. And enter your e-mail address again: Again, the triangle in the text box will verify that you entered correctly.
6. Type the Captcha letters that you see: If the letters you get are unreadable, you can click on the text link just to the right to get a new set.
7. Leave the checkbox checked: This automatically creates a Zhifubao account for you. Zhifubao is like Paypal, a secure online payment system, and is the easiest way to pay for your Taobao purchases.
8. Click the big Submit button: When all your little triangles are green, you are good to go.
Back to How to Sign Up for a Taobao Account.
Back to Getting Started on Taobao Overview.